Future Stories Updates SnapDragonAR!
- Chromakey your images to create a transparent background!
- Compress movies for use in SnapDragonAR right from within the software!
- New camera resolution and orientation settings.
- Now read quicktime RTSP as well as HTTP streams. Host your own content to share with others.
- Automated authorization process.
by Andrew Roth
Living Postcards is an interactive display designed for use at the Future of the Internet Conference, Prague (2009) and the Canada 3.0 Conference, Stratford (2009). Users approach the booth and can watch a mirrored projection of themselves holding a movie clip in the palm of their hands. By holding a postcard imprinted with a black and white marker users are greeted with a variety of images and have a picture taken of their experience. With the users permission, that image is then uploaded to an online gallery. The demonstration was meant to highlight Canadian technological advancements in the fields of augmented reality, storytelling, and by extension, digital new media by offering in an engaging, handheld experience. You can view the galleries through the links below.Canada 3.0 2009 • mfd-5 • projects • Stratford
The Augmented Reality Lab is supported by: Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada, Canada Research Chair Program, York Research, Ontario Innovation Trust, and the Canada Foundation for Innovation.